My own corner of the web where I can show off the things I do with my nails.

Thursday, April 19, 2012

52 Week Challenge Week 16: Dotticure

I have no idea what the difference between polka dots and a dotticure is. So, I did polka dots using my dotting tools. As a base I used NOPI It's All About the Glam, another k-dash polish. It took four costs to get opaque and I've noticed that it's turning sort of pinkish and chipping/peeling off in an odd manner. It's super pretty though and a great alternative to a stark white like OPI Alpine Snow. The polka dots are Lex Cosmetics Peabow, a nice blurple. Sonia Kashuk Fatigued, a khaki green cream. Finally Sinful Colors Happy Ending, a bright green shimmer. I'm definitely going to have to give this color a go as a stand alone mani, it's purdy. As I was doing this mani I started to wonder why they are called polka dots. What do they have to do with dancing and music? Did other cultures not have patterns of dots other than eastern Europeans (the area I associate polka with)? Ah, the ramblings of a tired mind.
Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. I love dots and these are really pretty! your nails look beautiful, and they're soooo long!!
    PS I found your blog on the Polish Aholics group on FB ;) My blog is http://glitterisms.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the colors you chose!

    ReplyDelete