My own corner of the web where I can show off the things I do with my nails.

Saturday, September 3, 2011

Teal Toes (and fingers too!)

September is ovarian cancer awareness month and September 2nd is Teal Toes day. Both my mani and pedi are teal today. I never match my polish, heck, I purposely try to not match when it comes to my outfits, so this is a big deal! My fingers are SH Fairy Teal and my toes are Sinful Colors Rise and Shine. I will spare you all pictures of my feet and just post a macro of the color.

Fairy Teal is one of my favorite polish names ever, it's so clever. It's a nice teal cream that only required two coats. I probably could've used one thick coat though. I finished up with an accent nail using a Bundle Monster stamping plate 223 with a zebra design. This is only my third time stamping so I'm still learning but it's getting easier. The black is Wet 'n' Wild Black Cream.

Sinful Colors is a polish I've been using for at least 13 years. It's cheap at Walgreens and they have some great colors. I'm not sure when I bought Rise And Shine but it's a shimmery teal. It dries flat so it must have some neon pigment in it, although I wouldn't consider this a neon. I topped it with Sally Hansen Double Duty base and top coat to make it shiny.

Putting these two side by side there is an obvious contrast between them. Fairy Teal looks gray in comparison to Rise And Shine. I may have to rethink my color description of Rise And Shine. (shhh, the truth is I'm not really sure what qualifies as teal hehehe)

I love both these colors!
 


 

Run for your lives! It's a toenail shot!



Loves!

No comments:

Post a Comment