My own corner of the web where I can show off the things I do with my nails.

Saturday, September 22, 2012

More Milani One Coat Glitters

Today was the wedding of one of my friends I've known since 8th grade! I'll spill my age here and admit that's since 1993! Back then he was dating my best friend but obviously he wasn't marrying her today. His new wife is so sweet and they are a perfect couple!

Since I got off work at 6:30 this morning and the wedding was at 11:00 I went home and changed my mani. Last night at work I peeled off the previous Silver Dazzle. It actually ended up being quite easy to peel. I will continue to use glue as a base coat. In fact, I used it as a base for this mani.

Here's my outfit for the wedding. The dress is by H&R London and the shoes are by Pleaser.








And here's the nails:


I again used Milani One Coat Glitter in Purple Gleam and the accent nail is Lavender Fizz. Purple Gleam is a purple glitter in a black base and Lavender Fizz is different sized lavender glitter in a clear base. Once again I had to use three coats. I also used two coats of glue which I think may have been a mistake, you can see how it's sort of messy near my cuticles, that's the glue lifting up. Again I finished with Gelous and ProFX Quick Dry top coat. I still had some grit with that combo.

So now my lovely readers, I pose a question to you. I have quite a stash of untried polishes that I'd like to get through. Shall I do them by brand, by color, by how long it's been sitting in my untried stash? Your input is appreciated.

I leave you with a picture of my daughter dancing with the ring bearer. The cuteness of this was overwhelming! He was telling her where to put her hands and where his would go. So stinking adorable! (Notice where his hand is. Little Casanova!)





Love,
Tres

2 comments:

  1. By length of stay stashed away! It'll be like an archeological dig that way.
    I may have missed the glue-as-base-coat post: what kind do you use? What a great idea!!
    Also, LOVE the dress and shoes! I'm certain you were totally smokin'!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Willow, it's just Elmer's in an empty polish bottle. I wrote about it a bit in my previous post.

      Delete