My own corner of the web where I can show off the things I do with my nails.

Thursday, September 20, 2012

It's been a while

I'm back! Did you miss me? I got married, moved, and started back to college. I haven't gone more than 12 hours without polish on my nails but haven't documented them on here. I want to get back into it, show some nail art and review polishes.

Without further ado! My current mani is Milani One Coat Glitter in Silver Dazzle. It's a beautiful gunmetal gray glitter but it took 3 coats to get full coverage. It also dries matte so unless that's the look you're going for (and it's a good look) then you'll need a couple coats of topcoat. I used Gelous followed by ProFX Rapid Dry top coat (from Walmart, it's my go to top coat) and there's still a little bit of texture. Also, I already have a chip. 4 hours later it has chipped :(

I should also mention I used the new fad of using Elmer's glue as base coat for easy glitter removal. I'll let you know how that works out. If you don't know what that is google it. It's also known as PVA glue. It sounds like a cool idea, only removal will tell.

Here's the "traditional" shot:



And blurred to show the pretty:



Have you tried these One Coat Glitters? Were you able to get full coverage in one coat?

Love,
Tres

No comments:

Post a Comment