My own corner of the web where I can show off the things I do with my nails.

Saturday, November 3, 2012

elf and Zoya Feifei

Hi my friends!
Today I continue on in the quest of polishes I haven't worn before and go with two I got recently. I saw these cute elf polishes in a basket at Target and couldn't resist this green glitter one. It doesn't seem to have a name :( Until I was taking pictures in the sun I thought it was black with green glitter but I'm more inclined to think it's blackened green with green glitter now. Regardless, on the nail it looks black. This was two coats, and I must say not only was the brush wonky and all splayed out the polish smells AWFUL! Exactly like the Nabi Magnetics smell, a strange plastic/metallic smell. It goes away once the polish is dry though.

My accent finger is Zoya FeiFei. Soooooo pretty! I don't even know how to describe this, it's got green, blue, gold, pink, silver and who knows what else. It leans blueish but all the colors are visible on close inspection. This was three coats because I had some cuticle drag (user error).








I also wanted to address the recent drama in the polish community with the group that is calling themselves the coalition for cuticle clean up. I'm a small fish in a huge pond and I am not the best nail painter. I don't do this for fame or fortune but to share my hobby with others. My pictures probably suck most of the time and often you'll find a bit of polish or shimmer on my cuticles. I do my best but I also have a job, a family, and go to school. I don't think it's up to bigger fish bloggers to determine who has messy cuticles and who doesn't. MOST of us do this because we love it, not for freebies or attention. If you don't like what you see please listen to what your mama said "if you can't say anything nice don't say anything at all" and move along.

Love,
Tres

No comments:

Post a Comment