My own corner of the web where I can show off the things I do with my nails.

Saturday, June 25, 2011

My first matte nails

During a recent trip to Walgreens looking for a specific glitter nail polish I came across a matte nail polish in the Revlon display. They actually had a few but I chose a red called Fire Fox. Application was easy, and it dries very quickly. I used three coats. I am still on the fence, this polish was actually much prettier in the bottle than on the nail. It has a lovely glass fleck sparkle that didn't translate to the matte finish. With matte finishes the polish slowly turns more satin on the nail with wear due to oils from the skin, lotion, etc transferring to the polish. Removal was a little tricky, not sure if that was due to the glass fleck or the matte polish. Nothing like removing glitter though.

Once I get my camera plugged into my computer I will upload pictures of this manicure.

No comments:

Post a Comment